- One bright day in the middle of the night,
- Two dead boys got up to fight.
- They lived on the corner, in the middle of the block,
On the second floor of a vacant lot.
Back-to-back they faced one another,
Drew their swords and shot each other.
- One was blind and the other couldn’t see,
- So they chose a dummy for a referee.
- A blind man went to see fair play,
- A dumb man went to shout “hooray!”
- A deaf policeman heard the noise,
- And came and shot the two dead boys.
- A paralyzed donkey walking by,
- Kicked the copper in the eye,
- Sent him through a rubber wall,
- Into a dry ditch and drowned them all.
A mute onlooker shrieked in fright
And a lame man danced at the ghastly sight
(If you don’t believe this lie is true
Ask the blind man — he saw it too!)